Saturday, October 12, 2013

something learned for october 4

Last week in class I learned about the different roles in the family there are. For example I have grown up my dad being the main provider for the family and my mother being a stay at home mom helping managing the family money helping with homework and doing laundry among other things. I think I was the peacemaker in my home for the most part trying to help everyone get along with each other. As I have grown up over the years it is interesting to see how my brother and sisters have decided how they would raise their families. Also it was cool to see how my dad would help with dishes or doing chores along with trying to be the main provider.  I also think how each family is different and have their own ways of doing things in their families like maybe the mom works awhile the dad stays home or sometimes you can find both parents working together to provide for the family. I also find how over time the roles of men and women have changed over the years and I have come to find that parents work together to get everything done that needs to be done. My opinion for raising my own family in the future would be that my husband would be the main provider but if need to I would gladly help out with  helping to provide for the family  and get a job , but if I could I would love to stay home and take care of my children.

2 comments:

  1. Hey its Emily your TA:) Why do you believe that there are divinely appointed differing roles and responsibilities between men and women? How will your personal experiences influence your family of creation? One of my favorite quotes regarding motherhood was given by Elder Ballard in April 2008, "I surely know that there is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think by having divinely appointed differing roles it allows men and women to compliment one another and to work together to raise a family. I think that my personal experiences have taught me to learn to communicate what I am feeling and to also understand how to give and take in a relationship. I have learned to make sure that I am doing my part and to realize that I men and women think differently and that is okay. With some of my experiences I think it will influence how I want to raise my family and how I will work out arguments and to see how I will learn to compromise in a given situation.

      Delete