Friday, November 8, 2013

post 7

This week we have learned about being  fully committed in marriage and to work through the hard times. I have found that sometimes people don't always go into marriage with the mind set to work through the trails and that things are not fun anymore so they just get divorced instead of trying to work things out. It is also interesting to see that people that do work through the hard times are grateful that they did. I thought it was good to understand that everyone is different and that it takes effort and patience to make a marriage work among other things too. Sometimes I have found that it is good to set boundaries with coworkers and friends so that they do not get in between you and your spouse. I hope when I am married that I will work at communicating well and learning how to work together. It is amazing to see the marriages that work and the couples that work together to make the marriage work. I am grateful that I have good examples of how to make a marriage work. I know that marriage is a wonderful thing and that it is rewarding, also I know that it takes work and is not always fun but well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great thought to remember to make up your mind even before marriage to loving face trials as a couple. Elder Russell M. Nelson has said, "My suggestions use three action verbs: to appreciate, to communicate, and to contemplate" in speaking of strengthening marriages. How can we incorporate Elder Nelson's words into our lives before marriage. I liked that you discussed the importance off setting clear boundaries in order for the marriage to be protected. What are some examples of appropriate boundaries?

    ReplyDelete